Short-Term (March-June/July 2019), Teaching Faculty Position
This position, re-posted March 4, 2019 due to unforeseen circumstances, is for a qualified individual willing to teach in China (position may be renewable for future ON Language teaching assignments beginning Fall 2019). Current Chinese visa a plus.
Short-Term Teacher Position Description
ON Language is a private, post-secondary English language institution operating on the campus of Brenau University. As part of the ON Language partnership with Brenau University, ON Language teaches and serves English learners from Anhui Normal University who are completing their degrees at Brenau.
The mission of ON Language is to facilitate learners’ acquisition and development of English language and global leadership skills.
This mission inherently includes leadership development within the company’s staff, faculty, staff, and internship pool.
The ON Language Short-Term Teacher will teach in ON Language programs, help develop curriculum, and support students and staff in the ON Language office at Brenau University and/or on the campus of Anhui Normal University in Wuhu, China. The individual in this position will report directly to the ON Language President.
● Master’s degree (TESOL/TESL/ESL/EFL degree preferred; other degree with certificate may be acceptable)
● Three (3) years of teaching experience in the field of ESL/EFL (IEP setting preferred)
● Potential or interest in leadership development
● Flexibility/willingness, ability, and eligibility to train with ON Language during March and early April, then teach in China from April through June 2019 (and part of July 2019, if needed)
Specific Part-time Teacher duties
● Receive initial and ongoing training from ON Language administrators
● Teach up to 12 hours per week in one or more of ON Language programs as part of up to 30-35 total hours of work per week
● Develop curriculum in collaboration with and under the supervision of the President
Develop projects, tasks, and lesson plans
Create instructional materials for projects, task-based teaching and text-driven lessons
● Administer formative and summative classroom assessment
● Assign, review, and assess homework on daily and weekly basis
● Carry out one-on-one conferences with students at session midpoints and on as-needed basis
● Engage in collaborative and independent professional development sessions and tasks
Required leadership characteristics:
Actively seek and openly accept feedback
Take initiative and offer creative solutions to instructional challenges
Positively tolerate a degree of uncertainty
Current passport and eligibility to travel to and within China
Sign the ON Language Statement of Ethical Commitment
Participate in the ON Language teacher evaluation process
Upon hiring, the teacher must submit the following documents:
Official copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts
Copies of degrees (if available)
Signed consent to a criminal background check
Be able to climb stairs between two building floors to reach the ON Language office OR communicate the need for accommodations ahead of beginning work in order to allow ON Language to secure a suitable and accessible workspace.
To apply, please follow these instructions:
Complete the ON Language employment application
Send your completed application, resume or CV, copies of university transcripts, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or deliver in person or by postal mail to ON Language, 500 Washington St. SE, 3rd Fl. Pearce/CB 84, Gainesville, GA 30501