ON Language Position Advertisement for
Full-Time English Language Teacher 2019-2020
ON Language is a private, post-secondary English language institution operating on the campus of Brenau University. ON Language is accredited by CEA for the period August 2018 through August 2023 and agrees to uphold the CEA Standards for English Language Programs and Institutions.
The mission of ON Language is to facilitate learners’ acquisition and development of English language and global leadership skills.
This mission inherently includes leadership development within the company’s staff, faculty, staff, and internship pool.
The ON Language Full-time English Language Teacher 2019-2020 (exempt, salaried) will teach in ON Language programs, help develop curriculum, and support students and staff in the ON Language office at Brenau University. The individual in this position will report directly to the Center Director of the ON Language site at Brenau University. The position is scheduled to be re-evaluated for possible continued status in Spring 2020. Employment will begin on July 22, 2019 and end on May 1, 2020 unless renewed or otherwise mutually agreed in writing.
● Master’s degree in TESOL, second language acquisition, or applied linguistics
● Three (3) years of teaching experience in IEP setting or equivalent
● Potential or interest in leadership development
Specific Full-time English Language Teacher duties
● Receive initial and ongoing training from ON Language Center Director and other corporate officers/administrators
● Teach up to 20 hours per week in one or more of ON Language programs, with an additional 15+ hours of work per week for completing other position duties, for a total of not less than 35 hours of work per week
● Develop curriculum in collaboration with and under the supervision of the Center Director and corporate officers
o Develop projects, tasks, and lesson plans
o Write procedural descriptions for projects and tasks
o Write test items and assessment instruments
o Create instructional materials for projects, task-based teaching and text-driven lessons
o Develop rubrics for productive skills assessment
● Administer and report formative and summative classroom assessment
● Assign, review, and assess homework on daily and weekly basis
● Carry out one-on-one conferences with students at session midpoints and on as-needed basis
● Engage in collaborative and independent professional development sessions and tasks related to areas such as curriculum development, research, and accreditation standards compliance
Required leadership characteristics:
● Uphold and pursue corporate achievement of the institutional mission and of accreditation standards compliance
● Collaborate enthusiastically with colleagues and stakeholders
● Actively seek, give, and openly accept feedback
● Take initiative and offer creative solutions to instructional and operational challenges
● Positively tolerate a degree of uncertainty
● Demonstrate ongoing global leadership skills development
Required Official Documents
Within 30 days of hire date, the teacher must submit the following documents:
Official copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts
Copies of degrees (if available)
Signed consent to a criminal background check
Professional Development Requirement
ON Language teachers are expected to engage in field-specific professional development for a minimum of 45 hours per year.
ON Language values team members. Compensation for this position includes:
Benefits include monthly health insurance stipend, paid holiday time, and paid vacation time
Paid professional development
In addition, there is potential for advancement within the company within the first 1-2 years of employment within ON Language.
To be considered for this opportunity, please 1) complete the online application at https://www.onlanguage.net/on-language-employment-application and 2) email the following required documents to email@example.com:
A copy of your valid, government-issued photo identification
Your resume or CV
Copies of your undergraduate and graduate transcripts and any professional certificates
Copies of any other supporting documents you wish to submit